Academic Writing: Guide Sections
Argumentative Essay Writing: Tips for Effective Writing
Essays are the most frequent writing exercises of students during their study courses. The purpose behind the essay writing exercises is for the development of writing skills and critical thinking.
Argumentative essays writing is one such type of writing exercise. Argumentative essays writing helps to develop writing skills to convince the reader towards the required view point.
Tips for effective argumentative essay writing
These tips will help in effective argumentative essay writing.
- There are essential elements that need to be present in argumentative essay writing. The topic must be interesting. The two sides of the topic must be presented with clarity. The conclusion must be strong to convince the reader towards the required position on the topic.
- Planning out the essay is essential to meet the requirements of the essential elements in argumentative essay writing.
- The planning process is followed by the search for evidence. The search for evidence includes gathering of evidence for both sides of the topic in argumentative essay writing.
- Argumentative essay writing starts with an introduction of the topic. This is followed by introducing and asserting your side of the topic. Subsequently the other side of the topic is introduced.
- The conclusion in argumentative essay writing must have strength so as to convince the reader to your view of the topic.
- Arguments made in favour of you view point should not be based on emotion. Instead they should be grounded in logic. Do not cook up evidence. Ensure the use of sound sources for evidence and cite these sources clearly in the text of the essay.
These tips for effective argumentative essay writing will ensure a good approval of the essay.