It does not matter what paper you are writing – either an Economics thesis or a Computer science thesis – your thesis statement should meet certain requirements.We will write a custom any topic specifically for you
for only $14.00 $11,90/page 308 certified writers online Learn More
The list of thesis statement requirements is presented below:
- Thesis statement should reflect the main idea of your paper. While writing your paper, you need to constantly refresh your thesis statement in your mind in order to stay on the right track.
- Thesis statement should not be too long. Try to get rid of the words that are of no value for your thesis statement, try to avoid using meaningless words, try to be as specific as possible.
- Thesis statement should not be too short. This is important to find a balance between the content and the length of your thesis statement. However, a short thesis statement with no idea enclosed inside will have a negative impression on your teacher.
- In your thesis statement, you should use simple words with no double meaning – you should not sound funny or ironical. Your thesis statement should simply sound clear and convincing for your target audience.
- Thesis statement should be designed according to the needs and expectations of your target audience. In other words, do not make your thesis statements overcomplicated if your target audience is high school students.
- Thesis statement may contain some terminology if you interpret its meaning further in your paper. In some cases, your teacher may allow you using terms without clarifying their meaning.
- Thesis statement should not present some ideas that are obvious without research. For example, nobody would write a thesis on the fact that the Earth goes around the Sun.
This advice is perfect for any kind of thesis statements, for any course or field of studies.