Poverty is a complex issue that have affected millions of people around the world for centuries. Scholars define poverty as the state of being unable to meet one’s basic needs for food, shelter, and other necessities. The issue can have far-reaching and devastating consequences for individuals, families, and whole communities.
This collection of poverty essay topics contains research questions, ideas, and titles on poverty in America, Africa, and the Philippines. They are suitable for an argumentative essay, research paper, or speech. You are welcome to use our wealth and poverty essay examples as prompts to make your own research on poverty.
📝 Poverty Essay Examples
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Role in SocietyThe paper will outline the various things that Bill Gates has done in helping the unprivileged people, and in improving education in the United States.
- Single Mothers in PovertyMany of the single mothers, cannot secure lucrative jobs that would earn them enough income to meet their daily needs and the needs of their children.
- Bill Gates Life and CareerComputer programming was a job that Bill Gates loved, and fortunately, his dream became true after occupying himself with computer programming at a tender age.
- The Relationship between Money and HappinessVarious academic studies have shown that there is, indeed, a connection between the money you have and your level of happiness, but this connection is not very strong.
- Problem of Hunger in Modern WorldThe purpose of this paper is to present a detailed discussion on hunger. The discussion will begin with an overview of the state of hunger in various parts of the world.
- Immigrants and Immigration Policies: Women and MigrationInternational laws have a provision that mandates states to draft immigration policies. Immigration laws and policies of the US have failed to uphold the rights of immigrants.
- Child Labor, Its Causes, Effects, CounterpoliciesThe paper gives a broader view of the causes and effects of child labor, economic and socio-cultural perspectives, and efforts put to stop child labor.
- Medical Issues that Arise from Being OverworkedThe paper discusses overwork in context with middle and lower classes that are affected by the overworked and hectic schedule and medical issues they gain.
- Illegal Immigration Process AnalysisIllegal immigration refers to migration across national borders in a way that violates the immigration laws of the destination country.
- Poverty and Children in the United States.Children are said to live in poverty when they are not able to have a minimum, decent standard of living that allows them to live a normal life in society.
- Poverty and Children in the United StatesDiscussing the issue of the present day chronic cycle of poverty, it would be relevant to mention that children might be regarded as the most unprotected social group that suffers form the above mentioned problem.
- Extraction of Natural Resources and ProductionThe research paper aims to investigate factors responsible for excessive exploitation of natural resources.
- Poverty in AmericaPoverty denotes the state of affairs where there are no ways of managing to pay for crucial human requirements which include food, clean water, schooling, clothes, and shelter.
- Discrimination in the 21st Century for African Americans and MinoritiesUSA as a country has made great steps in addressing the disparity and inequality among the various groups since the period of Civil Rights movements.
- Satire by Swift: A Modest ProposalThe essay had painted a live picture of the tremendous poverty of Irish people in the early eighteenth century.
- Assessing and Recommending Quantitative Research DesignThe three different types of quantitative research designs have their own weaknesses and strengths, this makes the research designs to be applicable in different situations.
- Connection Between War and PovertyThe paper will identify and discuss abuse, isolation, hostility and reliance has some of the causes of conflicts.
- Vicious Circle of Poverty in BrazilBrazil is faced with major environmental degradation issues such as deforestation, water pollution, and floods.
- Effects of the Global Recession on TourismTourism enables the country to earn foreign exchange. On the other hand, the social and economic benefits of tourism have greatly been destabilized by the recent global recession.
- Overrepresentation of Aboriginal People in CrimeWhy are the Aboriginal people suspected of so much crime given the basis of their history, describes the Bond theory relating it to the topic.
- Challenges That Multicultural Children Face in the USThis essay will discuss the following points regarded as the challenges multicultural families face: alienation, poverty, unemployment, discrimination, desired policies.
- Politics of HIV/Aids and Social and Cultural PrejudiceThe paper looks at how the politics HIV/AIDS have operated as a conduit for social and cultural prejudice because the its prevalence has been associated with society culture.
- Socioeconomic Conditions Can Lead to Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Abuse of ChildrenWealth, access to education, parents' occupation, health, income, and housing are significant in avoiding child abuse. Discussion of the importance of socioeconomic conditions.
- How Food Insecurity Affects Children’s EducationFood insecurity can also be harmful to academic performance. As a result, a poorly-educated individual has low income and continue suffering from world hunger.
💡 Poverty Essay Topics
- Diverty and the Limitations of Poverty in Victorian London
- Agricultural Water Management and Poverty in Ethiopia
- Poverty or Low Income as a Cause of Crime
Debates about causes of crime have been raging on and they revolve around economic models of causation that deal with the utility of crime.
- Food Price Spikes: Price Insulation and Poverty
- Anti-Poverty Transfers and Spatial Prices in Tunisia
- Poverty and Juvenile Delinquency
This paper will set out to analyze the relationship between poverty and juvenile delinquency in order to explain the strong correlation between the two.
- Food Poverty and Livelihoods Issues in Rural Nigeria
- Food Poverty and Its Causes in Pakistan
- Crime and Poverty: Causes of Crime, Effects of Crime, and Solutions
This study explains what crime and poverty are, the causes of crime using the structural-functionalist theory, the effects of crime and the measures to be taken to avert this problem.
- Ethnic Stereotypes and Preferences on Poverty Assistance
- European Union Poverty Poor Rate
- Healthcare and Poverty at the Global Level
Poor people often do not have access to proper treatment. This issue is becoming global and needs to be addressed not only at the national but also at the international level.
- Drugs and Their Impact on Poverty
- Food Prices and Poverty Reduction in the Long Run
- Poverty and Poor Health Relations
The researches that will be examined in this paper suggest that a link between the prevalence of infections, noncommunicable, and mental health diseases exists.
- Connection Between Human Trafficking and Poverty
- Generating Disaggregated Poverty Maps
- Living Conditions and Behavioral & Mental Patterns
The central paper’s theory states that a person’s life circumstances directly influence his behavior patterns.
- Feminist Explanations for the Feminization of Poverty
- Evaluation of Different Sociological Measures of Poverty
- Examination of Major Effects of Poverty on Children’s Education
Quality education is a necessary part of a growing individual’s life, allowing them to obtain access to unique possibilities and secure a successful path.
- Food Poverty Profile and Decomposition Applied to Ghana
🪝 Catchy Titles about Poverty to Explore
- Christian Beliefs Concerning World Poverty
- Economic Growth and Child Poverty Reduction in Bangladesh and China
- Different Ways People Look at Poverty
- Ethnic Inequality and Poverty in Malaysia Since 1969
- General Public Poverty Aid for Individuals
- Global Biofuel Production and Poverty in China
- Distribution-Sensitive Multidimensional Poverty Measures
- Classification Trees for Poverty Mapping
- Market-Based Solutions for Global Poverty
- Food Poverty Index for Venezuelan Households
- Child Poverty and Child Well-Being in Italy
- Absolute and Relative Deprivation and the Measurement of Poverty
- Gender, Time Use, and Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Gender-Sensitive Poverty Mapping for the US
- Food Poverty and Solidarity Networks in Italy
- Fertility, Household Size, and Poverty in Nepal
🌶️ Hot Poverty Research Titles
- Agricultural Policies for Poverty Reduction
- Financial Deepening and Poverty Reduction in Zambia
- Effects of Poverty on Mental Health
People who live in economically disadvantaged communities face several challenges pertaining to their mental health.
- Economic Growth and Development as a Tool for Poverty Overcoming
- Choosing Rural Road Investments to Help Reduce Poverty
- Minimum Wage and the Poverty Gap
This paper analyzes the advantages and disadvantages of an increase in the minimum wage policy and does an increase in minimum wage decrease the poverty gap.
- Combating Poverty Through Self Reliance
- The Connection Between Child Poverty and Economic Growth
- Globalization and Poverty Eradication
There is reason to believe that globalization can work for everyone. This paper will extrapolate five issues and how they contribute to globalization and poverty eradication.
- Agricultural Water Management and Poverty Linkages
- Capital Account Liberalisation and Poverty
- Ethnicity, Caste, and Religion: Implications for Poverty Outcomes
❓ Poverty Research Topics & Questions
- Can Laziness Explain Poverty in America?
- Does Forest Conversion Promote Growth and Alleviate Poverty?
- Can Globalisation Realistically Solve World Poverty?
- Can Microfinance Aid Poverty Reduction?
- Does Increasing Minimum Wage Decrease Poverty?
- How Does Poverty Affect People’s Health and Well-Being?
- Does Globalization Cause Poverty?
- Can Employer Credit Checks Create Poverty Traps?
- Does Inequality Matter for Poverty Reduction?
- How China Escaped the Poverty Trap?
- Does Inequality Constraint Poverty Reduction Programs?
- How Bad Governance Impedes Poverty Alleviation in Bangladesh?
- How Does Level of Education Relate to Poverty?
- Why Are Child Poverty Rates So Persistently High in Spain?
- Does Corruption Affect Income Inequality and Poverty?
- How Are Poverty and Migration Linked?
- How Can Agricultural Trade Reform Reduce Poverty?
- What Does Generational Poverty Mean?
- How Does Gender Relate to Poverty Status?
- Does Foreign Direct Investment Reduce Poverty?
- How Does Child Poverty Effect Crime Rates Amongst Teens and Young Adults?
🌍 Research Topics on Poverty in Africa
- The causes of poverty in Africa
- The impact of poverty on health in Africa
- African Region Poverty Debates and Policy Brief
To address the issue of poverty in Africa, economic stimulus is needed: governments should provide their citizens with grants to sponsor their small businesses.
- Education and poverty reduction in Africa
- The role of international aid in addressing poverty in Africa
- Corruption on poverty in Africa: are they related?
- The role of economic policies in reducing poverty in Africa
- Poverty and conflict in Africa: are these issues connected?
- Climate change and poverty in Africa
- The role of microfinance in reducing poverty in Africa
- The potential of entrepreneurship to alleviate poverty in Africa
🇺🇸 Essay Topics on Poverty in America
- Poverty and mental health in the United States
- Gentrification and poverty in urban America
- Media and public perceptions of poverty in America
- Technology, job market, and poverty in the US
- Lessons on Poverty and Gender Identification
I have developed lessons that will enhance students’ knowledge when dealing with poverty and gender identification.
- Poverty and American criminal justice system
- Immigration on poverty in the US: what is the connection?
- The impact of environmental degradation on poverty in America
💸 Titles about Poverty in the Philippines
- Breaking the cycle of poverty in the Philippines
- The impact of corruption on poverty in the Philippines
- Poverty, health, and quality of life in the Philippines
- International aid: what is its impact on poverty in the Philippines?
- Poverty and gender inequality: the case of the Philippines