Immigration has been one of the key world’s issues in the recent decades. Globalization, the educational exchange and transport system development, together with the growing number of military conflicts are the factors that stimulate migration worldwide.
If you’re looking for research topics about immigration to discuss and write about, you’re in the right place. We’ve made a collection of interesting immigration essay topics and examples. Whether you need to write a research paper, a thesis, or a 5-paragraph essay on immigration, here you will find sources of inspiration!
📝 Immigration Research Topics & Examples
- World History: Haitian MigrationAccording to The Gleaner, the US government had denied Haitians and Jamaicans the chance to apply for the 2014 diversity visa .
- Immigrant’s Experiences in AmericaThe essay presents the findings of the research on the immigrant’s experiences in terms of religion, adaptation, gender roles, racial discrimination, morality, education, marriage, and family.
- Diversity at the Workplace: Problem and ImportanceThe USA is one of the most diversified nations in the world. This proposal seeks to find the best approach that can be used to address the issue of diversity in the workplace.
- Intercultural Assumptions, Prejudices and ViewpointsResearch indicates that cultural elements such as values and norms impact people's cognition and perception and lead to behavioural divergences.
- Social Issues and Effects of ImmigrationThis paper explains why immigration is a social issue and how it affects both the host country and the immigrants. It also proposes how immigration can be a positive phenomenon.
- The US Immigration Policy's History and Current IssuesThe US immigration policy changed overtime due to challenges such as terrorism and drug abuse. This paper explores its history and examine current issues.
- The Influence of Immigrants on Median Household IncomeThere are significant differences in the performances of the immigrants. The household of the immigrants are normally larger and have many earners compared with the natives.
- Mexican Immigration in the United StatesThere are social, cultural, financial issues caused by Mexican citizens in the USA because the immigrants reduce labor wages for the American population.
- The Immigration from Mexico to the US and Its impactsThis paper will argue that the immigration from Mexico to the US, which has been promoted by globalization, has had a negative impact on the social and economic life of people in the US.
- America and Immigration: Arguments For and AgainstThis paper looks at different issues regarding immigration in the United States, in particular, arguments for/against and effects of immigration on the US Economy.
- Undocumented Immigration in the USAUndocumented immigration is a contentious issue in the US. This paper explains why President Obama should stop the deportation of undocumented immigrants.
- Asian Americans and African Americans' Racial ConflictsIn the last three decades, America has recorded a notable increase in the number of racial discrimination cases against African Americans as well as Asian Americans.
- American Illegal Immigrants' Deportation IssuesThis paper has looked into the issue of deportation of American illegal immigrants, and the New York Time's coverage of this issue in its January 19 2012 issue.
- Immigration's Impact on American WorkersIn spite of the numerous advantages provided by immigrants to the development of the USA, the problem of illegal immigration is the reason for serious debates.
- The Immigration Law: How It Needs to Be Modify?Immigration reform does not have to mean that the gates are open but that all those that enter the USA feel that they are in a country that respects basic human rights and equality.
- The Undocumented Immigrants in the United StatesThe level of immigration in the USA is one of the highest in the world. The strict rules and the stringent border regulations push foreigners to illegal migration.
- Labor Immigration in the USA: History, Visas and CompensationThe paper reveals the history and current status of immigration in the US, describes available work permits, impact of workers with and without a work visa on compensation.
- Immigrants and Immigration Policies: Women and MigrationInternational laws have a provision that mandates states to draft immigration policies. Immigration laws and policies of the US have failed to uphold the rights of immigrants.
- The Impact of Illegal Immigration on American SocietyThe United States of America has remained very attractive to the illegal immigrants who believe that this is a land of opportunities.
- Socioeconomic Status in the U.S.Socioeconomic status (SES) is frequently determined using a mixture of factors such as education, earnings, as well as professions.
- The Documentary "Immigration Battle"The documentary Immigration Battle deals with the story of the Dream Act. This paper explores the way the documentary shows the Dreamer movement and the Congress’ failure in not passing the Act.
- Immigration Effects in USThe macro perspective in this case focuses on the opinion that immigrants, whether legal or illegal, are actually taking jobs away from American citizens.
- Discrimination in America EssayThis essay on discrimination in America compares Irish vs. Vietnamese immigrants in pre-World War II era and African vs. Native Americans in post-World War II era.
- Immigration to the United StatesThe USA is one of the primary hosts of immigrants from various countries. In the vast majority of cases, immigrants come from developing countries.
- Illegal Immigration and American EconomyThis paper examines how illegal immigration has become an economic burden on America by causing job losses as well as higher crime rates by reviewing articles.
- The United States' Immigration Policy AlternativesMost illegal immigrants are people who are looking for opportunities that they can exploit to better their lives. But some have been found to engage in illegal activities.
- Ending Human Trafficking: Challenges and SolutionsThe culture of slavery began long ago. Women, men, and children were forcefully transported to different parts of the world to operate as laborers, warriors, or sex slaves.
- Benefits of Immigration to the United States EconomyImmigration is one of the hottest topics in the USA nowadays. Be it for patriotic or economic reasons, every US citizen has an opinion about non-native-born employees.
- Chuck Hanrahan’s "Stop Illegal Immigration - Arrest Illegal Employers"Chuck Hanrahan’s article "Stop Illegal Immigration - Arrest Illegal Employers" is an excellent piece of writing about the problem of illegal immigrants in the United States.
- Illegal Immigrants. How Does U.S. Control Them?The rising resentment among the populace has led to the government proposing stringent measures of controlling the influx of the illegal immigrants.
👍 Immigration Essay Topics
- The Contribution of Immigrants to EconomiesOnce immigrants move into new vicinity, especially with the objective of bettering their own lives, they bring with them changes that soon inevitably manifest themselves in the lands that they choose to live in.
- Illegal Immigration Process AnalysisIllegal immigration refers to migration across national borders in a way that violates the immigration laws of the destination country.
- The Implication of Immigration Reforms in AmericaThe continuous influx of immigrants was resented by some political groups because they feared that immigrants would take away the jobs from them.
- Illegal Immigration Control in the United StatesIllegal immigrants cross the boundaries into the United States in search of jobs in focus to improve their standards of living.
- The United States Immigration DebateThe arrival of the new immigrants to USA is generating a backlash of opposition, for reasons that are both economic and cultural.
- Impact of Immigration Reforms in the United StatesThis paper aims to look into the nature and status of illegal immigration in the United States, more importantly on the presumed need for reform, the type of reform, and its consequences.
- Factor Contributed to Illegal Migration to the USIn this research paper author looks at two main countries on factors they considered when devising their policies, that is the immigration policy in US and Water reform policy in Australia.
- Illegal Immigration Through Mexico and CanadaIllegal immigration represents a potential threat to national security because of the possibility that terrorists or agents of hostile governments can enter the United States.
- Driver’s License for Illegal Immigrants in USThere are approximately 10 million undocumented workers in the United States. This number continued to rise as people from economically disadvantaged countries cross the border.
- Social Inequality and Minorities in the United StatesThe nation that is today referred to as the United States of America has a varied population made up of different groups and individuals.
- Illegal Immigration in the US and Its CausesThere is an opinion among many American politicians and sociologists that illegal immigration is the underlying cause of many problems that the United States experiences now.
- Marcus Garvery: A Cultural and Political AssessmentAs Leeuwen writes in Marcus Garvey and the Universal Negro Improvement Association, Marcus Garvey was a Jamaican born in 1887.
- Illegal Immigration and It's Impact on the USAThis is called illegal Immigration, in other words, people who do not have work permit or any kind of permission from the government to come and stay in that particular country.
- Immigration Debate: The Immigration Issues in the USThis essay discusses the immigration issues in the US in an argument of whether the immigration reform is a necessity or a campaign tactic.
- Values of Illegal ImmigrationIllegal immigration is the instance of movement of individuals from one nation to another through a process or modes; that infringe the immigration laws of the country.
- Hostility and Discrimination Between Arabs and AmericanThe immigrants are discriminated depending on their race, religion, sex, and country of origin with Arab immigrants experiencing it most.
- Mukherjee’s “Two Ways to Belong in America” ResponseThe article “To Ways to Belong in America” by Bharati Mukherjee dwells on the issue of immigration. The topic has remained a matter of debate in recent years.
- History. Middle Eastern vs. North American SocietyA range of factors that took place within North America and the Middle East contribute to their similarities and differences.
- Immigrants in the United StatesOver a long time, all the immigrants coming to the US were discriminated against—Germans, Africans, Russians, Irish, Italian, Jews, and many others.
- Profile of Koreans Present in the Los Angeles AreaA group of Korean people has settled in a place called Korea Town in Los Angeles. It is located in the mid-Wilshire district along Wilshire Boulevard between Western and Vermont Avenues.
- Illegal immigrants from Mexico to the ArizonaThe issue of illegal immigrants is a controversial issue that has never been tackled amicably by the American government.
- Immigration and Global TerrorismImmigration and terrorism are sovereign social events curtailing from desperate causes and with fundamentally various goals.
- Gender Health Inequalities - Gender and HealthSome people think gender is the major reason for health inequality, others think there are many other reasons for health inequality.
- Tourism Industry and Its Emerging IssuesThe tourism industry is part of the tourism system that consists of people, geographic elements and the tourism industry.
- Canadian Identities in Their DiversityCanada has a complex identity that resulted from its growing process, and multiculturalism politics may be the only option to accommodate its particularities.
- Illegal Immigration's Impact on Agricultural HistoryIllegal immigration in the agricultural sector in the United States has been beneficial as an illegal worker will do his or her work in any field at any condition.
💡 Interesting Research Topics about Immigration
- The Border Security and Illegal Immigration Controversy
- German Immigration Into the United States
- Illegal Immigration: Birthright Citizenship
This paper is an in-depth analysis of the issue of illegal immigrants and their need to acquire birth right citizenship of the nation they settle in.
- The Parent and Grandparent Immigration Program in Canada
- Undocumented Immigrants and Illegal Immigration
- Deportees and Immigration Policy of the United States
The most critical policy issue in America today is the immigration policy. The main problem to be solved is the handling of the deportees.
- Multiculturalism, Immigration, and Welfare State
- Refugee Immigration and Public Finances in Sweden
- Immigration and Unlawful Employment in the U.S.
According to the Immigration and Nationality Act, the state governments are not legally entitled to take severe measures in terms of immigration management.
- Public Attitude Towards Immigration
- Health Care Utilisation and Immigration in Spain
- Should Local and State Peace Officers Enforce Federal Immigration Laws?
An analysis will be made of the impact that the local enforcement officers have on the public due to their lack of willingness to enforce immigration laws.
- Alternative Solutions for Illegal Immigration
- Ellis Island and Angel Island Immigration
- Federalism and Trump’s Approach to Immigration
Trump’s time in office has radically changed the tone of public debate over the issue of American immigration.
- Immigration Laws and Immigration Policies in the US
- President Bush’s Immigration Plan: Compassionate or Ridiculous
- Whiteness and Colorblind Society
The system of whiteness and a colorblind perspective worsen the situation of ethnic minority students while neglecting their particular circumstances.
- Immigration, Skill Heterogeneity, and Qualification Mismatch
- Top Myths and Fallacies Regarding Immigration
- Enhancing Literacy Levels of Immigrant Populations
Given the increasing role that immigrants play in America’s economy, it is only fair that they are given equal opportunity for post-secondary education.
- Illegal Immigration: Too Large a Burden on America
- The Influences and Impacts of Legal and Illegal Immigration
- The English 132 Course for Scholarly Qualities
This paper aims to analyze how English 132 develops personal and scholarly qualities and abilities and teaches one to be interested in global topics such as immigration.
- The Anchor Babies Problem in the Immigration Systems
- The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility
- Immigrants’ Mental Health and Time Spent in the US
The hypothesis of this article is that the prolonged presence of immigrants in the United States for various reasons increases their stress levels.
- Positive and Negative Effects of Immigration
🎓 Simple Research Topics about Immigration
- The Outdated United States Immigration System
- Childhood Trauma Etiology Associated With Social and Mental Disorders
This paper will showcase the five themes that were revealed during the review process to better understand the associations between childhood trauma and various disorders.
- The System of Taxation for Immigrants in the US
- The Influence of Latino Immigrants on the Religious Beliefs of Americans
- Bradley’s “Immigration and Acculturation, Child Care and Schooling”
Bradley’s article “Immigration and Acculturation, Child Care and Schooling” is devoted to adapting immigrants, specifically, their children, to a new society and culture.
- African American Migration and Foreign Immigration
- Business Innovation and Investment: Immigration to Australia
- Immigration Laws v. Labor Laws: Wage Theft
The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) was ratified in 1935 to guarantee employees’ rights and protect them against employers who impose unfair labor.
- Immigration Laws and the Law Enforcement
- The Origins of the Growth of Illegal Immigration in the US
- Department of Homeland Security in the US
Different departments of federal agencies in the United States were unified to create the Homeland Security department.
- The Views of Donald Trump on Immigration
- The Effects of Border Control on the US Immigration Policy
- Homeland Security and Its Challenge in Securing America’s Borders
The role of securing America’s borders lies with the US Customs and Border Protection (CPB), which is under the Department of Homeland Security.
- The Influence of Latino Immigrants on the Religious Beliefs of Americans
- Economic, Legal, and Social Issues Surround Illegal Immigration in the US
- Citizens and Citizenship Rights
This paper will explore the history of citizenship and citizens’ rights. The paper will focus on the history of the issue, the constitution, and the controversies arising from the issue.
- The Peculiarities of Immigration Reforms Under Jim Crow
- Third World Immigration as a Threat to the Us and Other Developed Countries
- Cultural Diversity in Workplaces
Discrimination is the core factor hindering cultural diversity in work places. This comes in different cloaks such as sex, age social class and ethnicity.
- The US Immigration Policy in Regards to Discrimination
- Immigration Affect on Life and Academic Performance of International Students
- The Role of Immigrant Trends in in Metropolitan Areas
In recent years, researchers have concentrated on discussing the median household income as an indicator of success in relation to the development of the metropolitan areas’ economies.
- Unchecked Immigration as One of the Reasons for the Resurgence of Diseases
- The Immigration Rates Before and After the Civil War
- The Impact of Immigration on a Workplace
Immigrants have a positive impact on the organization. The benefits associated with the immigrant population are enjoyed by both employers and native employees alike.
- Concepts of Melting Pot and Salad Bowl in the Context of Immigration
- The Impact of Immigration and Religion on Cultural Conflicts in the 1920s in the US
- Legal and Illegal Immigration for the U.S. Economy
The number of illegal immigrants among the US population has increased from five million to approximately twelve million in the past decade.
- Border Blues: The Dilemma of Illegal Immigration
- Economic and Cultural Assimilation and Integration of Immigration in Europe
⭐️ Immigration Topics to Discuss
- The Economic Impact of Immigration: A Comprehensive Analysis
- Immigration Policies and Their Influence on National Identity
- The Effects of the Immigration of Europeans on the American Indian Population
- Immigration Reform: Challenges and Prospects
- The Views of US Presidents on Immigration Issues and the Crucial Reforms Made
- Comparing the Legal Immigration Process in the United States and India
- The Role of Immigration in Shaping Multicultural Societies
- How Immigration of Mexicans to Texas Affects the Local Economy
- Immigration and Labor Market Dynamics: Examining the Link
- The Effect of Immigration on Religious Belief and Practice
- Immigration Detention Centers: Ethical Concerns and Alternatives
- Analyzing Illegal Immigration in an Undeveloped Country
- The History of Immigration in the United States
- Immigration and Crime: Separating Fact from Fiction
- The Impact of Illegal Immigration on a Country’s Education, Health, and Employment
- Immigration and Family Separation: The Consequences
- Exploring the Loopholes in the Immigration Policies in the United States
- The Refugee Crisis: Humanitarian Responses to Immigration
- Fake Marriage for the Sake of Legal Immigration
- The Politics of Immigration: Polarization and Partisanship
- Immigration and Human Trafficking: A Hidden Crisis
- The Impact of Legal Immigration on National Security
- Border Security vs. Humanitarian Concerns in Immigration
- The Key Differences Between Legal Immigration and Undocumented Immigration
- Strengthening Border Security: Is It the Best Way to Stop Illegal Immigration?
- The Role of Political Leaders in Solving Illegal Immigration Issues
- Examining the Connection Between Immigration and Income Inequality
- Social Issues Related to Illegal Immigration in Developed Nations
- Immigration and Indigenous Rights: Land and Identity
- The Immigration Policy in Canada During the 20th Century
❓ Immigration Research Questions
- Can Immigration Reduce Imbalances Among Labor Markets?
- What Are the Origins of the Growth of Illegal Immigration in the US?
- Why Has Immigration Reform Been Criticised?
- Should Immigration Laws Be Revised? Why?
- Does Europe Need Mass Immigration?
- Can Immigration Compensate for Europe’s Low Fertility?
- How Has Immigration Created Diversity?
- How Unification and Immigration Affected the German Income Distribution?
- Does Immigration Hurt American Workers?
- What Are the Five Myths of Immigration?
- Does Immigration Induce Urban Sprawl in the US?
- Can Selective Immigration Policies Reduce Migrants’ Quality?
- Does Immigration Hurt African-American Self-Employment?
- How Has Immigration Shaped the Australian Identity?
- What Drives Immigration Amnesties?
- Does Illegal Immigration Empower Rightist Parties?
- Why Do Americans Think Immigration Hurts the Economy?
- Did Obama Achieve Objectives in Immigration Policy?
- Do Immigration Laws Infringe the Rights of Legal Immigrants and American Citizens?
- How Does Capitalism Affect the Global Problem of Immigration?
- How Does Immigration Labor Benefit the UK?
- Does Immigration Affect the American Economy?
- How Does Immigration Help the United States?