📝 Family Research Papers Examples
- Balancing Career and Family LifeOne of the major challenges that career people face is striking a balance between their careers and family lives. This emanates from the complexity and demands of work life.
- Raising a Child ChallengesBoth parents should play an equal role in raising up their children. Life has dramatically changed; this change couple with family needs has altered their tight schedules.
- Work and Family BalancingThe process of balancing work and family is necessary for us to stipulate that time one should spend with family and the time one should spent at work.
- Parenting Effects on ChildrenThe essay considers topics of authoritative and permissive parenting styles in nuclear and modern families as well as single parenting and divorce, and their effects on children.
- Mother and Father Roles in FamilyThe paper compares gender roles played by mother and father in marriage and family and gives a view on the topic from the perspective of the modern world.
- Divorce Impacts and EffectsThis paper focuses on the causes of divorce and its effects on family members: effects of divorce on husbands, wives and children.
- Childhood Obesity PrevalenceThe paper explores the prevalence of childhood obesity, examines the effects of child obesity on health, and recommends the approaches that can aid in solving theproblem.
- Immigrant’s Experiences in AmericaThe essay presents the findings of the research on the immigrant’s experiences in terms of religion, adaptation, gender roles, racial discrimination, morality, education, marriage, and family.
- The Rights of Same-sex Couples to MarryMarriage is known to be a highly important aspect of people’s lives, this is why same-sex couples are fighting for the right to be able to engage into same-sex marriages freely.
- The Angel Family CaseIn the Angel family, the state of affairs shows quite a number of dynamic dangers that affect the well-being of the family unit or members.
- Chinese Spring FestivalCelebrations and festivals make an important aspect of the traditional Chinese culture. Throughout the traditional Chinese calendar, a number of festivals and celebrations are evident.
- Tourism Destinations: the Lake of Geneva RegionThe Lake of Geneva Region will remain to be the most interesting Swiss tourist destination that people on winter family trips can enjoy.
- Siblings of Children with DisabilitiesThis study summarizes research articles about sibling relationships (between non-disabled and disabled children) and parent-professional communication strategies.
- Divorce and Its Adverse Impacts on ChildrenA family is a social group established by members connected by blood, marriage, or adoption. This essay explains the negative impacts of divorce on children.
- The Influence of Parents on the ChildParents' influence on a child is an important aspect of a child's life. A parent can influence a child's cognitive development from childhood to adulthood.
- Parent-Child Communication and Family-Based AssessmentA parent may understand their child by watching them sleep, eat, or play. While watching the children, it is important for the parent to maintain communication between them.
- Children from Single-Parent Families in SocietyContemporary society has greatly influenced the family structure during recent decades. The divorce rates increase rapidly and make single parent families a normal issue.
- Internet and Social Media Technology in the Family ContextOur generation lives in the age of unprecedented technologic development. The heavy use of the internet by children and adolescents is a serious issue for the modern families.
- Child Abuse Reasons in the United StatesChild abuse is the physical, sexual, or psychological neglect of a child by a parent or caregiver. The US has the highest child abuse record among industrialized countries.
- Treating Alcohol and Drug Addiction in the FamilyIn this paper, the author will develop a case study of addiction to marijuana and alcohol in a family. The study will evaluate the best treatment and intervention measures.
- Social Control Essay - Surveillance, Censorship, and SanctionsThis social control essay focuses on surveillance, censorship, and sanctions. It evaluates these free mechanisms of social control in sociology and highlights their importance.
- Violence in the Family and Child AbuseThe paper will examine why spanking is still legal in Canada before providing a brief history of child abuse laws.
- Drug Addiction: Reasons, Theories and TreatmentThe paper explains reasons for drugs addiction, reviews the disease model of addiction, personality traits and theory of addiction, and treatment of addiction.
- Family, Cultural Legacies and Identity FormationPeople may feel differently towards who they are – some are proud of themselves, some are in love with their bodies and minds, and some seek out ways to change every single bit of themselves.
- Chinese Population: Future Growth and WellbeingThe paper discusses the possible implications of relaxing the one-child policy with respect to the socio-economic wellbeing of the future Chinese population.
- National Association of Social Workers' Values and EthicsThe purpose of this paper is to analyze and apply ethical values and standards of the NASW (National Association of Social Workers).
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Factors and TreatmentAdolescent substance abuse is a serious problem. This paper covers three most common factors as well as the most effective type of treatment for substance abusers.
- Interpersonal Communication StrategiesThis paper reviews several articles that describe different types of communication and how one should act to lead communication to a successful solution.
- Interpersonal Communication in Family RelationshipsWhat is interpersonal communication in family relationships? Find here the answer. This essay focuses on the importance of family communication.
- The Fertility Rate Trend in Developed and Developing CountriesFertility rate is the measure of the working age and young population in relation to the level of retirees or old age population.
👍 Good Family Essay Topics to Write about
- Gender Inequality and Stereotypes in the SocietyGender inequality will persist since men have no reason to relent on their roles. It is upon the women to work against this backdrop of gender inequality and stereotypes.
- Domestic Violence in American and Other CulturesThis paper identifies and explains the four areas of domestic violence in the American context as well as in four other cultures.
- Western World's View on Muslim WomenMiddle East countries view Muslim women in accordance with the Quran. The paper explores stereotype on Muslim women by the western world and compares with that of the Middle East.
- Violence Effects on Family Members in Saudi ArabiaThis paper studies the impact of domestic violence on family members in Saudi Arabia focusing on children and young adults who witnessed instances of violence.
- College Student’s Internet Addiction and Family RelationshipsInternet addiction is the incapability of people to regulate their internet use. It has negative implications on the level of communication within the family.
- Similarities in Family Values: The Aeneid and the BibleVergil's The Aeneid and the Holy Bible's Genesis were two of most famous texts. This paper discusses the similarities between these two texts in terms of their family values.
- Ethical Theories on AbortionWhat ethical theory supports abortion? Find the answer in this free essay example. It explains the views of deontology, utilitarianism, and other ethical theories on abortion.
- Differences in Digital Literacy Based on Gender and Socio-Economic StatusThe given essay will argue that gender has a minor influence on the formation of digital literacy, whereas socio-economic status (SES) has a major impact on it.
- Work-Life Balance in the Last DecadeWork-life balance has attracted a lot of focus in this decade because this is what is happening lately. Most people have been complaining about burnout, stress and fatigue.
- Gay Adoption: Can Same-Sex Couples Adopt?It is healthy for a child to be raised by a gay couple as a kid raised by gay parents makes no difference because parenting has nothing to do with gender.
- Medical Issues that Arise from Being OverworkedThe paper discusses overwork in context with middle and lower classes that are affected by the overworked and hectic schedule and medical issues they gain.
- Child Abuse Trauma: Theory and TreatmentThere are also instances when children undergo intense catastrophes that may alter the rest of their lives. One example of these life-altering catastrophes is child sexual abuse.
- Poverty and Children in the United States.Children are said to live in poverty when they are not able to have a minimum, decent standard of living that allows them to live a normal life in society.
- Women in the Middle East: Problems and InequalityWomen in the Middle East are faced with a number of social problems resulting from the patriarchal nature of the family system and culture which imposes limitation on full self realization and growth.
- Sociology. Family Violence and Child AbuseThe phenomenon of child abuse is defined as causing any kind of offensive contact on the body of a child. It also includes any transaction which may disgrace the child.
- Causes of Alcoholism and Effects in a FamilyAddiction is of great danger to human life. Alcohol addiction is a harmful kind of addiction that can be characterized by a strong desire to drink and loss of control.
- Problem of the Domestic Violence RelationsDomestic violence relations can be traced back to early European instances based on patriarchal social associations.
- Homosexual Marriage Legality: DiscussionIn the United States, married couples receive many legal benefits that couples who live together but are unmarried do not.
- African American Studies AnalysisOrigins of Black Capitalism can be observed in the lives of "Free Negroes" throughout periods of the American Enslavement.
- Suicidal Ideation, Risk Factors for Suicidal Ideation in Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual YouthThe main aim behind it the estimation of the risk factors for suicidal ideation among sexual perverts including gays, lesbians and bisexuals in the contemporary social set up.
- Family Violence and Its EffectsFamily violence could involve any member of the family including spouses, generally women or wives, children, or even senior members of the family.
- Poverty and Children in the United StatesDiscussing the issue of the present day chronic cycle of poverty, it would be relevant to mention that children might be regarded as the most unprotected social group that suffers form the above mentioned problem.
- The Children of DivorceA divorce encompasses many variables, all or some may play a role in contributing to difficulties for children.
- Effects of Substance Abuse Amongst the MilitarySoldiers have over the years continued to test positive for drugs during the normal urine tests that are done in the military despite the measures that are put into place.
- Impact of Culture on the American Family System and StructureEmphasis on independence and autonomy as opposed to collectivism has resulted in the degradation and complete breakdown of the American family system.
- Interracial Adoption DefinitionAdoption of people from one culture or race to a group of different culture or race is known as interracial or intercultural adoption.
- The Debate on Proposition 8The debate about the absence of legally granted rights for homosexual men and women in America which allow them to marry another man and receive a marriage license.
- Family Violence in Canada. Physical and Emotional AbusesCanada has a very long history as far as violence is concerned. Almost every form of violence can be seen in the society including family violence, student violence and gangster violence.
- What Are the Major Issues in Interracial Adoption?A racial barrier is not a hindrance for adopting children in many families. Inter-racial families have problems that are inevitable in a community with diverse interests.
- Functionalism, Conflict and Interactionism TheoriesThis essay focuses on the functionalism, conflict and interactionism theories and their impacts on the family as a social institution.
🏆 Best Family Essay Titles
- What It Means to Be Male, Female TodayThis paper consider how the roles of men and women in the society have changed over the past several decades and how it is related to the change in their moral judgment.
- Women and Double DutyThe double duty scenario had led to tensions within the family set up because the absence of the woman from the place she is expected to be has upstaged the world and social order.
- Reasons Why Abortion Should Be IllegalAbortion should be illegal because there is a risk of women not becoming mothers again; these women are killing a human being, and being a mother is the important thing for women.
- Women's Role and Status in Ancient SocietiesWomen in ancient societies received cruel treatment. Many ancient societies, especially those in third world countries, regarded them as second-class citizens.
- Violence in Social Media and Its Impact on SocietyThe paper provides the definition of violence, discusses the causes of violence within the state, and shows the crucial role of social media in spreading it.
- Culture, Climate and Values of ChinaCore Chinese values and beliefs cut across the entire country making it plain that the Chinese have a unique national culture that defines their basic identity
- Marriage and the Family: The Biblical Ideal & Modern PracticeThe culture of the individuals who are getting married determine the form of relationship that the individuals will be involved in.
- Infancy and Early Childhood DevelopmentEarly childhood is a very important stage and proper care should be taken to establish a good foundation for the child.
- Families: Definitions, Contexts and Theoretical OrientationsThe family plays an orientation purpose to children by socially placing them and providing room for their enculturation.
- Lifespan Development: Case StudyThis paper discusses the relative influence of environment, genes, and social interactions. We onset from the ontogenesis, which draws out prenatal and prenatal stages.
- Description of the Williams Family ProblemThe problem of the Williams family is that the parents are unable to devote enough attention to their children, which leads to them being left unsupervised and in danger.
- Parental Divorce Has Negative Effects on ChildrenWhen parents divorce, the children are most likely to experience diminished parental care. The children do not receive the care of both parents.
- About Parent-Child RelationshipThe article explains that the many types of relationships that arise between children and their parents can be broken down into four categories.
- Biological Factors Impact on Children’s DevelopmentBiological factors that can affect a child's growth include several elements, for example, genetic influences, the level of nutrition, exposures during the prenatal period.
- Parent Involvement for the 21st CenturyCrucially, parents should help their children succeed academically. In this context, students perform better when their parents are involved in their learning endeavors.
- Work-Family Conflict: Antecedents and ConsequencesParents work to support their families, which equally require their emotional and psychological presence apart from material things.
- Drug Abuse in Adolescents: The CausesScientists estimate that about one in two American teenagers has at least the initial experience of using narcotic illicit substances.
- The Role of the Father in the Child’s LifeThe paper presents a discussion about the role of the father in the child's life, about his influence on the perception of the family and his figure as an example to follow.
- Infancy and Early Childhood DevelopmentThis essay assesses different parenting styles and their impact on children in infancy and early childhood, and their impact on cognitive development.
- Family Structure and Change and Child OutcomeToday, Canada is characterized by the diversity of family structures that are different from the nuclear family with two parents.
- Sociological View on FamilyIn general, under the conception of family we understand the union of individuals allowing them to satisfy their emotional, social, and economic needs.
- The Family as an Institution in American SocietyProblems experienced by most families are separation and divorce. Separation does not necessarily mean that a couple breaks up because of their individual differences.
- Perceptions of Saudi Parents Towards Collaboration With ProfessionalsThis study aimed to investigate parents of young children with disabilities' perceptions toward collaboration with professionals, knowledge levels in Saudi Arabia.
- Positive Impact of the Environment on FamiliesForces in the environment can also have a favorable and positive impact on the family. This paper highlights how families can be affected in a positive manner form the environment.
- Social Learning Theory: Child Support Services for Abused ChildrenIt is not justifiable to watch as a child is subjected to unfair treatment by a parent who has parenting problems as a result of emotional disturbances emanating.
- Ethical and Moral Issues in Social Learning TheoryTo prevent children from becoming criminals when adults, it is good to monitor their behaviors and as parents, guide them in knowing the right thing and the wrong action.
- Drug Prevention Among School-Aged YouthDrug use and abuse are major issues that affect contemporary populations everywhere. This paper discusses the drug prevention measures that can be applied to school-aged youths.
- Domestic Violence – a Problem to be SolvedThe humiliating practice of domestic violence is applied to the most unprotected representatives of the society: young mothers, children.
- Multicultural Dying: Hindu Culture Related to Death and DyingThe manner in which individuals approach death, suffering and grief depends on their culture, spiritual beliefs and religion.
- Family and Children: Studying Causes and EffectsMost parents prefer to leave their children under the care of nannies. Children tend to lack the bonding they need from their parents and hence they are emotionally detached.
✍️ Family Essay Topics for College
- Domestic Violence: Historical Background and EffectsThis paper is an in-depth analysis of the issue of domestic violence by looking at its historical and background information and pertinent crisis intervention strategies.
- Psychological Research and Its Impact on SocietyPsychological research is deeply interwoven with the deepest interests, hopes, and passions of man and is always subject to the influence of feelings and emotions.
- The Family Role in the SocietyAny society that wants to succeed, must direct its resources to building strong, united, and morally upright family units.
- "Ordinary People" Analysis and Maslow Hierarchy of NeedsThis paper examines how the film Ordinary People highlights the Maslow hierarchy of need theory as directed by Robert Redford.
- The Unique Cultural Issues: Impact on the US Healthcare SystemBased on the impact of culture, it is doubtless that factors like race, ethnicity and language have to be considered in order to provide better healthcare services to Americans.
- Children and Families: Building Strong RelationshipsAs the paper reveals, many factors influence a child’s social life. However, the family plays a major role in molding this life.
- Do Stay at Home Mothers Exhibit More Indicators of Happiness Than Full-Time Working MothersThe paper provides an investigation of whether stay-at-home mothers exhibit more indicators of happiness than full-time working mothers.
- Christian Religious Fundamentalism and Family Role IdentitiesChristianity has a huge influence on marriage through its strong impact on family values and gender obligations.
- Concept of Social InclusionInclusion concepts advocate for a society whereby everyone is treated with equal dignity and offered equal opportunity in the society regardless of their disabled nature.
- Domestic Violence Against WomenThe purpose of this article is to demonstrate the seriousness of the problem of domestic violence against women, as well as to find out how the adverse effects can be reduced.
- Domestic Violence. Cause. Types of ViolenceNumerous incidents happen every day, some resulting in death. Overall, there are different kinds of domestic violence, and it may cause some serious complications.
- Substance Abuse Problem OverviewSubstance abuse is a social problem that permeates every aspect of human nature in society. This study looks at the issue of substance abuse and the problems of addiction.
- Role of Family and Social Network Support in Mental HealthPeers and families play pivotal roles in enhancing the recovery of substance abuse and mental health patients.
- Motivating Factors for Women EntrepreneursWomen will develop society at a faster rate. Unfortunately, women have been left behind historically and this has been detrimental to society.
- Gay Family's Culture and DynamicsPermanent cohabitation of gays and lesbians with a lifestyle similar to the heterosexual family has become widespread not so long ago.
- Substance Abuse Intervention for FamilyIt is estimated that more than eight million children in the USA live in families with at least one drug or alcohol-addicted parent.
- Gender Roles. Role of Women Todaythe notion of gender will always be treated as two different concepts with diverse abilities and hence females and males will have different expected roles to play in any society.
- How to Prevent Child AbuseChild abuse is one of such delicate topics that arise several controversies and discussions. Violence against children is a serious and widespread problem.
- Impact of Feminism on FamiliesAchieving gender equality will help reduce retrogressive practices such a rape, sex trafficking, women's sexual violence, and forced marriages.
- Role of Women in Chinese SocietyThe paper argues the role of women in Modern Chinese Society contrast greatly from traditional Chinese society.
- Domestic Violence in AustraliaDomestic violence denotes hostile actions that happen between individuals who are, or were, in an intimate connection in a family setting.
- Emotional and Cognitive Socialization OutcomeParents should pay attention to the features of the formation of the psyche of their children and their socialization in society.
- Socioeconomic Conditions Can Lead to Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Abuse of ChildrenWealth, access to education, parents' occupation, health, income, and housing are significant in avoiding child abuse. Discussion of the importance of socioeconomic conditions.
- Native American Women and Parenting off ReservationsIn this study, the primary aim of the researcher is to investigate and report the lived experiences of the Native American mothers who are living off the reservations.
- The Theme of Feminism in Chinese Culture as Illustrated in the “No Name Woman”In the novel “No Name Woman,” the author illustrates the discrepancies between American and Chinese cultural practices and gender inequality.
- Personal Mythology Based on “Things Fall Apart” by Chinua Achebe“Things Fall Apart” reveals the concern of the indigenous population due to external danger and the destruction of the Clan due to internal conflicts.
💡 Essay Ideas on Family
- The Factors That Influence Family Life
- Different Family Configurations and the Effects It Has on Children
- Family and Medical Leave Act
The FMLA stands for the Family and Medical Leave Act – a labor law that was passed in the United States in the 1990s and is effective to this day.
- The Natural Communication Between Family Members
- The Model American Family as Perceived From Before and Now
- The Family Medical Leave Act in Florida
The Family Medical Leave Act helps employees to balance work and family commitment. The analysis of this act is made in the context of its application in Florida.
- Factors That Affect the Family’s Dynamics
- The Experiential Family Therapy Model
- Family Structural Influence on Juvenile Delinquency
In 2009, the juvenile courts in the United States arbitrated at least 1.5 million felonies that involved juveniles.
- Changes in the Modern American Family
- Domestic Abuse Within the Family
- The Connecting Factor to Determine the Applicable Law on Family Matter
Among the advantages of using nationality as a connecting factor in determining the applicable law in family matters is its role in simplifying the proceedings.
- Inequality Constructed Through Family
- The Structural Family Therapy Approach
- Family Assessment of Health Problems
Few health problems and barriers to health are identified in this case. The mother’s lack of physical activity after the mastectomy operation is concerning.
- Proper Family Planning Principles
- Family Law Reflecting Moral and Ethical Issues
- Health Assessment and Patterns in a Family
The interview was taken from a small family living in a house with heating, a kitchen, and amenities. The family composition included a father, a mother, and an 8-year-old child.
- The Ancient Roman View of Family Members as Property
- The Right Balance Between Employment and Family
- Family Theory’s Role in Nursing Practice
The family theory improves nursing care by not only focusing on a patient as an isolated entity but rather on factors in influences being made by and on family members.
- Stress Contexts for Individual and Family Development
- Medical Policies and Family Vigilance
- The EU Regulations on Family Matters: Habitual Residence
This work was written with the aim of studying family matters under the influence of European laws, given that habitual residence will be discussed.
- Violence Against Women Within the Family
- Family Factors That Influence Students’ Behavior in School
- The Untraditional ‘Normal’ Family Structure
The Korean government had deprived non-traditional families of some privileges, such as a child could not have the woman’s surname unless agreed upon after marriage.
🎓 Simple Research Topics about Family
- African Americans and Family Therapy
- Psychology Understanding Family Routines, Traditions, and Patterns
- The Community-Based Family Literacy Program
The community-based family literacy program is created to promote literacy skills in children from birth to the age of 5 years to entering school.
- Family-Centered Health Promotion
- Feminist Methodology for Family Studies
- Family-Centered Programs in Early Childhood Classroom
Family-centered programs for early childhood education have become popular across the United States due to their inherent benefits.
- Gender Roles Within the Family
- Decreasing Family Television Time
- The Role of Family Engagement in Education
Family engagement is a crucial component of every child’s education, as it entails developing relationships with families supporting the development of both students and parents.
- Family Structures That Exist in Today’s Society
- Regional Family Cultures and Child Care by Grandparents in Europe
- Family Therapy on Children’s Behavior
Mr. and Mrs. Richardson went to a therapist seeking help with Charles, their 15-year-old son, and Felicia, a 12-year-old honor student, and both had taken part in athletics.
- Work-Family Conflict Impacting Career Goals
- Critical Indicators for Family Planning Projects
- Structural Family Theory Applied to Wilson’s “Fences”
August Wilson’s “Fences” represents peculiar family dynamics worth discussing and viewing through the Wheel Theory of Love lens.
- Sociological Theories About the Modern Family
- Family Financial Management Strategies
- Parent Education and Family Life Education Fields
Many career options within the child development field involve working with children exclusively or with the whole family unit.
- Family Structures That People Are Part of Today
- African American Family Structure
- Family and Medical Leaves Act: Rights and Responsibilities
The purpose of this paper is to review and analyze the applications, rights and responsibilities of the Family and Medical Leaves Act of 1993.
- Keeping the Family Tradition Alive
- New Traditions in the Modern American Family
- Family Law Situations and the Appliance of Parental Rights
- Dysfunctional Family Roles and Intervention
Dysfunctional families have become an issue of concern, especially due to the increased number of youngsters involved in drug abuse.
- Family Financial Management and Individual Deprivation
- Changes That Affect the Function of the Traditional Family
- Why Family Systems Analysis Is Important
Family systems analysis, by relying on a view of the family as an emotional unit, facilitates the assessment of the parts of a family in relation to the whole.
- Family Decision-Making Processes Issues
- China’s Family Planning Policies
- Child Rearing Practice Among Filipino Family
❓ Family Research Questions
- Why Working Mothers Are Bad for the Family?
- How Does Family Affect People’s Lives?
- Why Mexican Families Should Practice Family Planning?
- Can Family Dynamic Determine Your Future?
- What Role Does Love Play in Family Relationships?
- Does Education Begin in Family?
- How Cellphones Have Impacted Family Relationships?
- What Determines Family Structure?
- How the American Family Changed Over Time?
- How Does Technology Affects Family Interaction?
- Do Family Businesses Suit Today’s Environment in UK?
The paper looks at the merits of running family businesses, challenges, and opportunities for growth and improvement in the family business industry in the UK.
- Does Taxation Affect Marriage and Family Planning Decisions?
- How Does Social Class Affect Family Life and Education?
- How Do Sociological Factors Shape Family Strategies?
- How Much Should Someone Sacrifice for Family?
- Are Traditional Family Games a Thing of the Past?
- Is Family the Most Important Agent of Socialization?
- Are the Tibetan Women the Backbone of Their Family’s Prosper?
- How Do Children Influence Family Spending Patterns?
- Are Family Members More Important Than Friends?
- Why the Nuclear Family Has Changed Over the Past 50 Years?
- How Family Conflicts Can Lead To Deviant Behavior in Children?